As we continue to experiment with social media it becomes increasingly necessary to decide where to place a message, learn who is talking about that message and quantify the impact of what they are saying.
Developing a good social media strategy is key to any personal or corporate media plan.
The problem is too many organizations jump on the bandwagon without really know why or how.
There are a few things that are important to understand before designing a strategy.
- Social media communication is a two-way street with a bunch of lanes and on/off ramps. Better yet it is an intertwined jigsaw puzzle that keeps growing and changing.
- You need to know who your market is before you can develop a strategy.
- You must have a firm understanding of social media’s benefits and have a realistic set of expectations.
- You need to know who is talking about you, what they are saying and where they are saying it.
- You need to have a defined set of reasons to use social media.
I have attached a few documents from a variety of sources that may help guide your thought process.