Instructions courtesy of Stephen Elliott. Cronkite News Service Director
USING SONY HD HANDYCAMS AND GETTING VIDEO INTO FINALCUT
Take a Deep Breath
Seriously – I want you to take a deep breath. Close your eyes and find a place of zen. Envision yourself turning on the camera, pointing it at something or someone you want to document, hitting the record button and capturing crisp video. Believe it or not, most video cameras today are this easy to use. This doesn’t make it easier to choose the right scenes and subjects, frame properly, etc., but it makes things a lot easier before you do. The camera you will use in this class also has a hard drive, making exporting video much easier than a camera recording on tape.
- This wheel turns the camcorder off and on.
- This button stops and starts recording.
- Here’s the viewscreen. Flip it out from the side of the camera.
- The battery goes here. It’s secured by a latch underneath.
- Direct view into lens. Just forget this exists. Use the viewscreen.
- These are various items on the viewscreen that it helps to know.
- Zoom lever. Continue reading